Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I files my taxes last weekend with h&r block on line. At the…

Customer Question
I files my taxes last...
I files my taxes last weekend with h&r block on line.
At the end they request my checking acct..i thought it was to withraw whatever had to pay... So all of sudden it went off...had to login again and continue my taxes... My problem is when I. Printed I had a voucher to pay..wich I did and is out my acct...and now irs made a deposit on my acct too...what should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/5/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. There are a couple of things you can do to fix this.

One is wait for IRS to identify the overpayment and refund the excess. Not my favorite solution.

The second is an amended return to report the overpayment. You have to file it on paper, but the amendment will allow you to report the overpayment and request a refund.

I like to provide copies of the payment receipts to prove IRS got paid twice. They will process the amendment and refund your overpayment in a few weeks.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.