How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4677
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I files my taxes last weekend with h&r block on line. At the

Customer Question

I files my taxes last weekend with h&r block on line.
At the end they request my checking acct..i thought it was to withraw whatever had to pay... So all of sudden it went off...had to login again and continue my taxes... My problem is when I. Printed I had a voucher to pay..wich I did and is out my acct...and now irs made a deposit on my acct too...what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. There are a couple of things you can do to fix this.

One is wait for IRS to identify the overpayment and refund the excess. Not my favorite solution.

The second is an amended return to report the overpayment. You have to file it on paper, but the amendment will allow you to report the overpayment and request a refund.

I like to provide copies of the payment receipts to prove IRS got paid twice. They will process the amendment and refund your overpayment in a few weeks.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.