Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am on disability,irs is holding my car title claiming I…

Customer Question
I am on disability,irs is...
I am on disability,irs is holding my car title claiming I had income in 2011, I can't find out what it is,social security has no record of any income in 2011,how do I get information
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/4/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The first step woudl be to request your tax account transcript from the IRS.

You still may order the transcript online

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

and it will arrive to you in mail.Another way - to use form 4506T

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Let me know if you need any help.

The next step would be to contact the IRS directly and verify your tax liability.

You have several options available if your ability to pay has changed and you are unable to make payments on your installment agreement or your offer in compromise agreement with the IRS.

Call the IRS immediately at 1-***-***-****.

Options could include reducing the monthly payment to reflect your current financial condition. You may be asked to provide proof of changes in your financial situation so have that information available when you call.

Sometimes it takes long time to have a live person responded... In this case - you may simply visit the IRS office - let me know your state and I will help to find locations.

Following are possible options in such situations

- modify existed installment agreement

- apply for "currently not collectible status"

- offer in compromise

See here a location for the IRS office close to you

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1

Please be aware that IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.