How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on disability,irs is holding my car title claiming I

Customer Question

I am on disability,irs is holding my car title claiming I had income in 2011, I can't find out what it is,social security has no record of any income in 2011,how do I get information
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

The first step woudl be to request your tax account transcript from the IRS.

You still may order the transcript online

and it will arrive to you in mail.Another way - to use form 4506T

Let me know if you need any help.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

The next step would be to contact the IRS directly and verify your tax liability.

You have several options available if your ability to pay has changed and you are unable to make payments on your installment agreement or your offer in compromise agreement with the IRS.

Call the IRS immediately at 1-***-***-****.

Options could include reducing the monthly payment to reflect your current financial condition. You may be asked to provide proof of changes in your financial situation so have that information available when you call.

Sometimes it takes long time to have a live person responded... In this case - you may simply visit the IRS office - let me know your state and I will help to find locations.

Following are possible options in such situations

- modify existed installment agreement

- apply for "currently not collectible status"

- offer in compromise

See here a location for the IRS office close to you

Please be aware that IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.