Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My 19 year daughter is covered under our family coverage…

Customer Question
My 19 year daughter is...
My 19 year daughter is covered under our family coverage through the marketplace. Can she claim a 1095 on her return
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/4/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, she can but you both will need to do allocation on the second page of 8962 form. You can split it whatever way you want, it doesn't have to proportioned. You will also have give her copy of 1095A you received.

We are filing on turbo tax. Where do you see/get that form.

Somewhere during the interview Turbo Tax will ask you if you received 1095A. When you answer yes, Turbo tax should automatically generate the form for you.

I haven't used Turbo Tax for last couple of years but here are the instructions from Intuit (TT maker):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2594639-where-do-i-enter-my-form-1095-a

When you enter the form you will be asked if you want to allocate the policy. Just say yes and follow the instructions.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

We are doing it right now. Please give me a minute. Thank you so much for your help

You're welcome. And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you