Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to find out what years need to filed, please.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/3/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Could you please explain more about your request?

I have been unemployed for 8+ years and have moved a couple of times - I have looked through everything to find my 'tax box' (from moving) and can not find past filings --- am looking to see what years the I.R.S. needs to show a filing or that may have been missed (due to unemployment)....I am trying to find what years that were not filed. I am basically confused about what I need to do next and am feeling really lost in the whole situation.
Could you just tell me what I need, where and how I can find it and I will put it ALL
together for the established and accredited tax specialist and get it into the IRS.
My cell phone # ***** ************
Thank you so much in advance - this will be a great thing thing for i
In advance: Your help is unbelievably appreciated (no words are kind and enormous enough) in helping me "swallow this toad"'! (i.e. - avoiding something that needs (and will) get done)!
Best regards,
Katie *****
*************
contact information:
(Katherine) Katie *****
*************

Thank you for clarifying the situation.

What you will need is to request your transcripts for the years you are concerned about.

A Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data including return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income, credits and payments. It also shows adjustments made by you or the IRS after you filed the return.

If you have lost your past information about income you can request Wage and Income Transcript . That shows data from information returns reported to the IRS, such as W-2s, 1099s and 1098s.

This will assist you if you did not file.

You can request a return or account transcript using Get Transcript. Generally, these transcript types are available for the current tax year and three prior years. If you need an account transcript for an older tax year, a wage and income transcript or a verification of non-filing letter, you’ll need to complete Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, and send it to us as instructed on the form.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript