Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I ahve recently had a penalty fining 5472,

Customer Question
I ahve recently had...

I ahve recently had a penalty for late fining for form 5472

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/2/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

I see that you are in the UK, but you are dealing with a US Tax issue, correct?

Have you bet hit with the $10,000. penalty?

If so, I have recently dealt with this situation and there are a couple of ways to approach it; however, you need to provide the specific details (not names or ID numbers) of the circumstances leading to the penalty assessment.

If you do that, then I can give you better direction to consider and/or assist you in drafting an abatement request whichever you wish.

HI Stephen
HI i have filed late quite a few times and paid the associated fines penalties
Apart from that my affairs are usually upto dateI have now been hit with a 60k fine - 3 companies (with 2 people) civil penalty. my inital appeal has been rejected. My CPA is suggesting i get a tax attorney now. they stated a review of my account shows that i was subject to simillar penalties before - this is not true. i ahve paid late fees (which i accept) but never have had a late filing form 5472 fine beforePlease advice

I think our comments crossed in cyberspace; please respond to my last transmission.

Thanks Steve
Reviewing your answer
Meantime, i think have been charged twice

Yes, you probably have because you opened two questions.

We can deal with that through customer service once we are through.

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert