Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I recived a tax lock out letter what should I do.***** *****

Customer Question

Hello I recived a tax lock out letter what should I do.***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Irs sent a letter to my employer but didn't recived the letter until after the 30 days because I was moving and it never made to my new address.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Charles Markham replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you available to chat with me about this?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You can contact the IRS and request they allow you to continue to claim withholding rates other than Single and 0 if you can show them that the allowances would sufficient to claim when you file.

Once the IRS issues a lock-in letter, you won’t be able to decrease your withholding unless they approve it.

Once you are issued a lock-in letter, you will be given a telephone number to call the IRS for a modification. You will have 60 days to call the IRS. After that date, your employer must withhold income tax from your wages at a single rate with zero allowances.

Call them now if you can substantiate your withholding.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

You need to respond in this thread please

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

So sorry Linda. Another expert opted out twice in this tread so I had to respond to make your question leave the open list.

You can still respond below.