How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29963
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The IRS held my refund because I forgot to give my 1095a

Customer Question

the IRS held my refund because I forgot to give my 1095a form to my preparer. I faxed in all the requested documents. How long will it be before i get my refund and will my preparer get paid if my fees were supposed to be deducted from tax refund?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Actually that situation is very common.
Your tax return is not processed until required additional forms are added to your tax return.
That is mainly related to the form 8962 which assumable you faxed.
After the IRS receives your fax - the form will be manually added within 1-2 days - and your return will be processed as usual within 21 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will they mail me a check or will my tax pro still print a check like usual?
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Refund will be processed as usual.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Please be aware that is NOT an amended tax return when refund is processed separately.

The IRS simply stopped processing for the time to collect information - and after information is entered into the system - the processing is continue as usual.
So your return will come to the account you elected when filed.
It would just take extra couple of days to request and process that additional form.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.