Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

The IRS held my refund because I forgot to give my 1095a…

Customer Question
the IRS held my refund...
the IRS held my refund because I forgot to give my 1095a form to my preparer. I faxed in all the requested documents. How long will it be before i get my refund and will my preparer get paid if my fees were supposed to be deducted from tax refund?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/2/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Actually that situation is very common.
Your tax return is not processed until required additional forms are added to your tax return.
That is mainly related to the form 8962 which assumable you faxed.
After the IRS receives your fax - the form will be manually added within 1-2 days - and your return will be processed as usual within 21 days.

will they mail me a check or will my tax pro still print a check like usual?

Refund will be processed as usual.

Please be aware that is NOT an amended tax return when refund is processed separately.

The IRS simply stopped processing for the time to collect information - and after information is entered into the system - the processing is continue as usual.
So your return will come to the account you elected when filed.
It would just take extra couple of days to request and process that additional form.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor