Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Irs disallowed claim,

Customer Question
Irs disallowed claim for...

Irs disallowed claim for credit

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

What credit did the IRS disallow?

LTR 105C Disallowed claim for credit tax period dec. 31, 2014. Letter states " WE HAVE INFORMATION THAT THE FORM(S) W-2, WAGE AND TAX STATEMENT ATTACHED TO YOUR RETURN FOR THE TAX PERIOD SHOWN ABOVE MISREPRESENTED YOUR CORRECT INCOME AND/OR FEDERAL TAX WITHHELD AND HAVE BEEN REMOVED."
When I called the IRS the said the could not verify my income. I asked how they verify they said with Social Security. I called the Social Security office they said they didn't have any W-2/ income on file for the last three years. They told me I can either mail or bring in my w-2 to the local office to have them recorded. But this letter says I have to appeal to the IRS by Feb. 10th (30 days from receiving it)
correction letter by March 10th 2016

Send the letter back to the IRS by the requested date disagreeing with their findings. Indicate that you are in the process of researching the matter because there is an issue with your social security number that requires attention. Send copies of your W2s with the letter.

Please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.

There is no issue with my SS number. The IRS has the responsibility to inform me of why its disallowed they say they have information my income was not correct the letter doesn't say where the information is coming from. So I'm at lost to what or who I'm supposed to research. I provided a W-2 when I filed. What else does a taxpayer have to prove income.

In this case, you should schedule an appointment with a local office and sit down and talk to a supervisor about this matter. What it sounds like is that the IRS did not receive a copy of the W2 that you have, this is why they can't verify the information. You may want to check with the issuer of the W2 to make sure that they submitted a copy to the IRS. The IRS employees can only go by what documents they rec'd. If they did not receive a copy of the W2, then there is not much they can do. It is not up to them to track down W2s that employers do not send in.