Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How much to pay of getting COT CODE to the world bank?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

There is no COT Code. Usually a stranger will tell someone that they will send them money but, all of a sudden this code is required. These generally are in relation to a wire transfer.

Did you start this transfer of funds or did someone contact you first?

International bank money transfers use either an IBAN or the current ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Code system (BIC or SWIFT code) in conjunction with the BBAN. They do not use a COT code.

Checking back to see if you responded