Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

S corporation - can I contribute to a 401k plan - not

Customer Question
through w2 JA: The Accountant will...
s corporation - can I contribute to a 401k plan - not through w2
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: but through the s corp
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: and where do I report on 1020s
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/29/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

The 401(k) has to be established by December 31st of the tax year you are filing the 1120(S) for.

You can use a self-employed 401(k) if you don't have any employees other than your spouse

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert