Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

S corporation - can I contribute to a 401k plan - not

Customer Question
S corporation - can...

S corporation - can I contribute to a 401k plan - not through w2

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

But through the s corp

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

And where do I report on 1020s

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/29/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

The 401(k) has to be established by December 31st of the tax year you are filing the 1120(S) for.

You can use a self-employed 401(k) if you don't have any employees other than your spouse

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert