Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On taxes if I take the standard deduction can I still take a…

Customer Question
On taxes if I take...
On taxes if I take the standard deduction can I still take a deduction for a 20000 dollar to a charity
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Using the standard deduction is a choice. If you choose to use the standard deduction instead of itemizing then you do not get to also claim charitable gifts.

Gifts to charity are listed on the Schedule A when you itemize.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.