Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Megan, I have to explain this in court that is why I need to…

Customer Question
Megan, I have to explain...
Megan, I have to explain this in court that is why I need to know where in the Tax Code this is found, publication or something please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/29/2016
Tax Professional: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thanks for your follow up - there's no real tax document that says it - but, you are allowed to deduct items that you incur for production of income.

Here's a good article that spells it out

http://www.wechslermarsico.com/Library/Taxes/Are-Legal-Fees-Tax-Deductible-Expenses-/