How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter just sent an email that included her W-2 tax

Customer Question

My daughter just sent an email that included her W-2 tax information to the wrong email address and her personal information was attached. is there any way to get that stopped if we know who it was sent to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there would be no way to "retract" an email sent to a valid email address. If it was invalid (it doesn't exist), you will get an email bounce error within a day. In the meantime, you can alert the IRS and establish a PIN to be required for anyone to file a return for her. In addition, you can Contact one of the three major credit bureaus to place a ‘fraud alert’ on your credit records:

  • Equifax,, 1-***-***-****
  • Experian,, 1-***-***-****
  • TransUnion,, 1-***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site where I posted my question appeared to be a tech professional at Google. I work for a bank and already have the information you supplied so I am unsatisfied with the experience and am requesting the charge placed to my credit card be credited back to me under the disclaimer advertised.
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will let customer service know you wanted a tech expert