Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a 1099 with my s corp name but my personal SS…

Customer Question
i received a 1099 with...
i received a 1099 with my s corp name but my personal SS number. do I report this as person income or on my 1120 as corp income? thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/29/2016
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. The income should be reported based upon the party that actually earned it. What type of 1099 was it and what was the income received for?

If the income was really the S corporations, I would go ahead and put the income on your return, and then add a line subtracting with the statement "Nominee for ABC Corp. EIN 99-9999999." If the income is really your own I would just put it on your own return and not worry about the incorrect name.