Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We have an LLC and my husband materially participated and…

Customer Question
We have an LLC...

We have an LLC and my husband materially participated and received $6,000 in guaranteed payments. The Form 1065 and K-1s are complete for all partners. Does my husband have to include a Schedule C for the guaranteed payments?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just need to know what to do with the guaranteed payments on our joint 1040 tax return.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, everything else is normal

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/28/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Is Box 14 on the Form 1065 K-1 completed?

The guaranteed payments belong on Form 1040 Schedule E Column (j)

If you look at the references on the 2nd page of the K-1 for line 4 on page 1 you'll find the same reference:

"Guaranteed payments Schedule E, line 28, column (j)"

What remains is to determine if the "Guaranteed Payments" constitute "self-employment" income which should

be noted in Box 14 on Page 1 of the K-1.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert