Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can i file hofhouse on tax form is my disabled child is not…

Customer Question
can i file hofhouse on...
can i file hofhouse on tax form is my disabled child is not my dependent but lives in my home and i pay all expenses
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/28/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Your child would be a qualifying child for Head of Household filing status.

You do not have to claim your child as a dependent to qualify for head of household filing status; for example, a custodial parent may be able to claim head of household filing status even if he or she released a claim to exemption for the child.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please let me know if you need clarification now that you have had a chance to read my answer.