Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Can i file hofhouse on tax form is my disabled child is not

Customer Question

can i file hofhouse on tax form is my disabled child is not my dependent but lives in my home and i pay all expenses
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Your child would be a qualifying child for Head of Household filing status.

You do not have to claim your child as a dependent to qualify for head of household filing status; for example, a custodial parent may be able to claim head of household filing status even if he or she released a claim to exemption for the child.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need clarification now that you have had a chance to read my answer.