Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My employer still has not given me a 1099MISC and I need to…

Customer Question
My employer still has...

My employer still has not given me a 1099MISC and I need to find my taxes asap. How do I find the # ***** what do I do?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am self preparing my taxes. I have all of my chseck stubs with pymt amt

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Vonda Bonham, atty @ law is the employer

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/26/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If you are expecting a 1099MISC then you do not have an employer. You were an independent contractor.

You do not have to wait for that 1099MISC to file. You should have kept track of the amounts you were paid for this self employment and the expenses.

You can file your return with your Schedule C for the income and expenses and you do not need to wait for the 1099MISC.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Did you have any other questions about this situation?

Checking back to see if you responded after you read my answer

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4