Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On federal form 8962 on line 11 if you are allocating the…

Customer Question
On federal form 8962 on...
On federal form 8962 on line 11 if you are allocating the premiums with another tax payer and your share is 43% on lines a,b,f is the amount you put 43% of the totals from form 1095-A
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/26/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

See line 9

Are you allocating policy amounts with another taxpayer or do you want to use the alternative calculation for year of marriage (see instructions)?
Yes. Skip to Part IV, Shared Policy Allocation

.

then after you complete the allocation in part IV - see line 34

Have you completed shared policy allocation information for all allocated Forms 1095-A?
Yes. Multiply the amounts on Form 1095-A by the allocation percentages entered by policy. Add allocated amounts across all allocated policies with amounts for non-allocated policies from Forms 1095-A, if any, to compute a combined total for each month. Enter the combined total for each month on lines 12–23, columns (a), (b), and (f). Compute the amounts for lines 12–23, columns (c)–(e), and continue to line 24.

.

so in this case - you skip line 11 and will not report any amounts on this line.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.