How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29786
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On federal form 8962 on line 11 if you are allocating the

Customer Question

On federal form 8962 on line 11 if you are allocating the premiums with another tax payer and your share is 43% on lines a,b,f is the amount you put 43% of the totals from form 1095-A
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

See line 9

Are you allocating policy amounts with another taxpayer or do you want to use the alternative calculation for year of marriage (see instructions)?
Yes. Skip to Part IV, Shared Policy Allocation


Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

then after you complete the allocation in part IV - see line 34

Have you completed shared policy allocation information for all allocated Forms 1095-A?
Yes. Multiply the amounts on Form 1095-A by the allocation percentages entered by policy. Add allocated amounts across all allocated policies with amounts for non-allocated policies from Forms 1095-A, if any, to compute a combined total for each month. Enter the combined total for each month on lines 12–23, columns (a), (b), and (f). Compute the amounts for lines 12–23, columns (c)–(e), and continue to line 24.


so in this case - you skip line 11 and will not report any amounts on this line.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.