How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay, so tracking down my wife's former employers is my

Customer Question

Okay, so tracking down my wife's former employers is my problem still; as she died December 29th, do I file married or single for 2015 ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for your loss..

If your spouse passed away during 2015 - you generally may choose to file a joint tax return for 2015 OR to file separate tax returns.

In most situations filing a joint tax return is more beneficial.

Let me know if you need help with reporting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Helpful so long as I don't incur penalties for misrepresentation. Thank you.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I am not clear regarding misrepresentation of what?