How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** MATTI i'm yet to receive my w2 from

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** MATTI i'm yet to receive my w2 from my employee is there a way I can get it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'm trying to file my return but I only have my 2014 w2 my employer is yet to mail my 2015 w2
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

You can only get the actual W-2 from your employer. After June, you may be able to request a copy from the IRS. However, if you contact your employer (again) to request a copy, and inform the IRS you have not received it, you may be able to report the income on form 4852. If you have your final 2015 paystub, you might be able to determine the numbers that belong on the 4852. If you also have your final 2014 paystub and the 2014 W2, you can more easily see what the numbers are supposed to be.

The detailed instructions form form 4852 include:

You should always attempt to get Form W-2, Form W-2c, or Form

1099-R from your employer or payer before contacting the IRS or

filing Form 4852. If you do not receive the missing or corrected form

from your employer or payer by February 14, you may call the IRS

at 1-***-***-**** for assistance. You must provide your name,

address (including ZIP code), phone number, social security

number, and dates of employment, and your employer's or payer's

name, address (including ZIP code), and phone number. The IRS

will contact your employer or payer and request the missing form.

The IRS also will send you a Form 4852. If you do not receive the

missing form in sufficient time to file your income tax return timely,

you may use the Form 4852 that the IRS sent you.