Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If i have zero tax liability income tax can i still claim…

Customer Question
if i have zero tax...
if i have zero tax liability for my income tax can i still claim the volunteer firefighters credit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/26/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The Oklahoma firefighter credit is a nonrefundable credit which means the credit will reduce you Oklahoma taxes to 0 but not bellow zero. If you tax liability is already 0, you cannot take the credit. Nonrefundable credits will not generate additional refund beyond what have been withheld from your W2, pension income or social security income.

Tina, I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser