How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15607
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cant find my w-2 form, how would i get it,

Customer Question

JA: The Accountant will know how to help. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: cant find my w-2 form
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Accountant now?
Customer: how would i get it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Contact your employer, they are required to keep a copy. If for some reason the employer did not follow procedure and keep that copy they can be fined.

You can request the local IRS give you a printout for the income they received information about. It will not have any state info only federal.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking back to see if you were able to get the W2