Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I wanted to find out if K-1's are required of Corpus,

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm Sandie JA: The...
Hi Pearl, I'm Sandie
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Accountant now?
Customer: I wanted to find out if K-1's are required for distribution of Corpus
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/25/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Generally no, unless there is income which would be passed through via distributions before corpus is distributed.

Please note:

General Instructions
If the estate or trust was required to distribute income currently or if it paid, credited, or was required to distribute any other amounts to beneficiaries during the tax year, complete Schedule B to determine the estate's or trust's income distribution deduction.

In other words, distributions are allocated to income first, then corpus.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

Just checking in.

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert