Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Where do I find to put in estimated taxes I paid last year?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/25/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Estimates are entered under payments. If you are using software look to the top of your screen and click on payments or search for estimated payments.

If you are entering the items on the form itself take credit for all your estimated tax payments for 2015 on line 65 of Form 1040 or line 41 of Form 1040A. Include any overpayment from 2014 that you had credited to your 2015 estimated tax. You must use Form 1040 or Form 1040A if you paid estimated tax. You cannot file Form 1040EZ.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please advise if you are trying to find out how much you paid in estimated taxes instead of where to report them.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4