Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If a taxpayer had filed a form 5500ez one year and did not

Customer Question
the second because their tax...
if a taxpayer had filed a form 5500ez one year and did not the second because their tax preparer was in the hospital and they were not aware this was a yearly requirement and their account was at the at or near where they had to file what could be reasonable cause?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they did not now it was a yearly filing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/24/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Evidently Robin is not currently available as your question was returned to the "Q".

I can respond to your question & work with you or you can wait for Robin to return, it is totally up to you.

Just let me know.

Just checking in.

I don't believe that would be reasonable cause (not knowing about an annual filing requirement), but the hospital issue may be; we would need to discuss further if you are available.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert