Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If a taxpayer had filed a form 5500ez one year and did not…

Customer Question
If a taxpayer had...

If a taxpayer had filed a form 5500ez one year and did not the second because their tax preparer was in the hospital and they were not aware this was a yearly requirement and their account was at the at or near where they had to file what could be reasonable cause?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

They did not now it was a yearly filing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/24/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Evidently Robin is not currently available as your question was returned to the "Q".

I can respond to your question & work with you or you can wait for Robin to return, it is totally up to you.

Just let me know.

Just checking in.

I don't believe that would be reasonable cause (not knowing about an annual filing requirement), but the hospital issue may be; we would need to discuss further if you are available.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert