Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Thank you... name is ***** *****, I recieved a a tax warrent…

Customer Question
Thank you... name is...

Thank you... name is ***** *****,

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I recieved a a tax warrent in the mail 2 days ago for a tax bill in NYS that was previuosly paid the prior month ($1500.00)... Prior to that I had applied for a business loan for my business which took a hit from hurricane sandy in 2012... I was approved for the loan once omy FICO score was at 650 or better. I just had it up to 635 and then this am...I check Experian and I had a hit for 44 pts! Is there any way to have this warrant vacated since the tax bill was paided the prior month from when i recieved the warrant? Thanx ***** *****

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/25/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm PDtax. I see you asked for me.

If you can prove the tax was full paid in advance of the warrant, you can ask NY to take repair actions.

Keep in mine the best you might get is a supporting notice attached to the tax warrant on the credit report that says the warrant is satisfied. That doesn't fix your problem, though.

You might avail yourself of the credit report ability to write about the issue. You could attach your story, including the full paid status (so the warrant is moot).

NY can be convinced to remove such an erroneous warrant, but this is a substantial task. I typically ask through the OTRA office, as they have the authority to cut through the layers of bureaucracy that sit between you and a warrant removal. A satisfaction will help, but it doesn't restore all the credit score points.

I hope that gives you a course of action to pursue. Thanks for asking for me. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Hi again. PDtax here. Can I ask you to use the star rating system to rate my response to your question to close it out before month end? Thanks.

PDtax
PDtax