How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15308
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm facing an IRS tax audit, and my accountant is going

Customer Question

i'm facing an IRS tax audit, and my accountant is going to represent me. I'm not particularly happy with his services, and have been thinking of getting someone else. My question is, if he says something dumb or wrong, am I liable for what he says?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you allow the accountant to act on your behalf then yes, if they do something that is detrimental to your case you will be the one that pays the higher tax.

As your authorized representative they are representing your tax position.

If you want to revoke a previously executed power of attorney and do not want to name a new representative, you must write “REVOKE” across the top of the first page of the Form 2848 with a current signature and date immediately below this annotation. Then, you must mail or fax a copy of the power of attorney with the revocation annotation to the IRS, using the Where To File Chart, in the 2848 instructions, or if the power of attorney is for a specific matter, to the IRS office handling the matter.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking back to see if you responded after you read my answer