Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING UNIT WAS INSTALLED IN A RENTAL

Customer Question
REAL ESTATE (RESIDENTIAL). WHAT...
A CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING UNIT WAS INSTALLED IN A RENTAL REAL ESTATE (RESIDENTIAL). WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF YEARS OVER WHICH THE DEPRECIATION CLAIMED ON THIS UNIT?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/23/2016
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

Since that is permanently attached to the house, it has he same depreciable life as the rental home itself which is 27 1/2 years under MACRS.

If you have further questions, please post them here & I'll be notified.

If this answer has helped you, please rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer