How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been trying to e-file my tax returns and I have been

Customer Question

I have been trying to e-file my tax returns and I have been receiving a rejection
saying that the employers ID number is ***** The ID number is ***** same
ID number we used last year and it is the same ID number that is on my wife's
2015 W-2. What should we do to correct this problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

The employer may have changed his EIN and issued w2s with the old one or changed the name. You will not be able to e-file your return without a correct EIN. You will have to contact the employer or mail your return. You can also try to e-file using a different software. It could be the software issue.