Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have been trying to e-file my tax returns and I have been…

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to e-file my tax returns and I have been receiving a rejection
saying that the employers ID number is ***** The ID number is ***** same
ID number we used last year and it is the same ID number that is on my wife's
2015 W-2. What should we do to correct this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/23/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

The employer may have changed his EIN and issued w2s with the old one or changed the name. You will not be able to e-file your return without a correct EIN. You will have to contact the employer or mail your return. You can also try to e-file using a different software. It could be the software issue.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney