Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm stuck in a do-loop with my entries of 1099-Misc data…

Customer Question
I'm stuck in a do-loop...
I'm stuck in a do-loop with my entries of 1099-Misc data
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/23/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

What is a do-loop?

Please describe your problem in detail, including the software you are using.

A do-loop is the repetition of request for data when the data entry is already made.The program is stuck in a do-loop after data has been entered. I'm using TurboTax Premium.
Did you get my last message?
Again, did you get my last message?

All I got was that you were stuck in a "do-loop".

What 1099 are you having problems with and what specific information is Turbo Tax asking for?

I'm entering data for 1099-Misc.

You realize you aren't talking to Turbo-Tax support, correct?

You need to give me the exact information on the 1099-Misc or attach a copy of it if you want me to assist you.

If thee is a problem with the program, do I have to pay for a fix?
Do I get charged for the phone call?

Trust me the program isn't the issue.

You may need to call Turbo Tax support.

I'm happy to assist you but this isn't a free site.

We answer tax questions and try to assist in solving tax return issues.

Phone calls are an additional service; we don't make the rules, those are site rules we can't control.

We are just tax guys; working stiffs like everyone else. :]

I'm familiar with Turbo Tax; you are probably making a simple error.

How do I get help with your program without paying an exorbitant fee? I've used TurboTax more than 10 years and have never encountered a simple do-loop problem.

I guess maybe you have wound up in the wrong place.

Turbo Tax is not "our" program. In fact we have noting to do with any tax preparation program.

I think you need to contact Turbo-Tax support which is free. You will probably have to wait, but it is still early in the season so may it isn't too jammed up yet.

I'll opt-out of this conversation, & you should go back into your program and as for help through their customer support. Good luck & hope you can get your issue resolved.

Go over all of your input carefully and make sure you go through and answer all the questions in that area.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our response.

Thanks very much,

Thanks. I thought I was in TurboTax support. I'll try again.

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert