Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am entering some data from a K1 form, specifically 16C and…

Customer Question
I am entering some...

I am entering some data from a K1 form, specifically 16C and 16D. Turbo tax premier enters 16D as foreign income, and there is no foreign income.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That's all the info i have

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/23/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Can you verify if that K1 from the estate (1041) from the partnership (1065) or from S-corporation (1120S) ?

If that is K1 from the partnership - specifically 16C and 16D are related to foreign transactions.

If that is correct - these amounts are reported on Form 1116, Part I.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.