Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My husband is a licensed pastor; in 2015 he received income…

Customer Question
my husband is a licensed...
my husband is a licensed pastor; in 2015 he received income for that by check until August when he resigned. No w-2 was created for him for 2015. The previous 2 years the church had an accountant create a w-2 for him, and he claimed the housing allowance as well. The accountant also filed all the necessary paperwork to send the the IRS during those previous 2 years, but no accountant was used for 2015. What should we do, since we have no proof of his 2015 church salary other than trying to get bank statements from the former church bank. ( the church is no longer in existence, but the bank told us they could give him statements if he came in; his name was on the account)
How to file taxes?
As his wife, I've had the same full time job for 17 years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I will assist.

There are some filing options, which I can outline later tonight. Start with getting your bank's statements and a copy of your husband's pay stubs.

there are only bank statements, with pictures of the checks, stating on each one that they are "salary".
Can he still claim housing allowance?

You should lose nothing because the church closed. Including the right to unemployment or other such benefits. Housing allowance too.

Hi again. PDtax here. Can I ask you to use the star rating system to rate my response to your question to close it out before month end? Thanks.

PDtax
PDtax