Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I own a multi-family property under an S-Corp. I am the sole…

Customer Question
I own a multi-family property...
I own a multi-family property under an S-Corp. I am the sole shareholder of the company. I would like to sell the property and purchase a replacement property using a 1031 exchange. However, can my S-corp sell the property, and then, i will buy the replacement property using my personal name.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi there: The S Corp must sell and repurchase another property in order to qualify under Section 1031.