Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Im a single parent filing head of household i have two

Customer Question
children one is 17 and...
Im a single parent filing head of household i have two children one is 17 and one is 14. I get no help other than employment in which I worked three jobs to make ends meet for the year of 2015 which I made 43,000.00 is there any tax breaks that we can claim for the year other than earned income and the child tax credit because from my tax return I didnt bring much back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

So far - based on your information - these are only allowed tax benefits.

In additional as you did not mentioned

- you may have child support which is not taxable.

- the child tax credit will be only until the child reach 17

- when your oldest enter into the collage - you will be able to claim some educational tax benefits.

Let me know if you own a home?

or may be you are attending the school by yourself?

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor