How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29579
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a single parent filing head of household i have two

Customer Question

Im a single parent filing head of household i have two children one is 17 and one is 14. I get no help other than employment in which I worked three jobs to make ends meet for the year of 2015 which I made 43,000.00 is there any tax breaks that we can claim for the year other than earned income and the child tax credit because from my tax return I didnt bring much back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

So far - based on your information - these are only allowed tax benefits.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

In additional as you did not mentioned

- you may have child support which is not taxable.

- the child tax credit will be only until the child reach 17

- when your oldest enter into the collage - you will be able to claim some educational tax benefits.

Let me know if you own a home?

or may be you are attending the school by yourself?


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.