How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I an very scared My husband and I have been filing head of

Customer Question

I an very scared My husband and I have been filing head of household he claims one child I claim twins
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We are together Live in same house I told Him next year we need to file married sperate We have to geton track the right page I don't want to go to jail or lose our kids cause of non sense This year makes 10 years of marriage the twins are 8 and daughter is 14 can irs penalties destroy us I make 49000 and he makes 85000
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: We live in new York
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jason M. Tyra, CPA replied 1 year ago.

Hi there:

If you were married as of the end of your tax year, your options are to file married/join and married/separate (only). You should select one of those for 2015 and also consider amending any earlier returns with the wrong filing status claimed.