Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I an very scared My husband and I have been filing head of…

Customer Question
I an very scared...

I an very scared My husband and I have been filing head of household he claims one child I claim twins

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We are together Live in same house I told Him next year we need to file married sperate We have to geton track the right page I don't want to go to jail or lose our kids cause of non sense This year makes 10 years of marriage the twins are 8 and daughter is 14 can irs penalties destroy us I make 49000 and he makes 85000

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi there:

If you were married as of the end of your tax year, your options are to file married/join and married/separate (only). You should select one of those for 2015 and also consider amending any earlier returns with the wrong filing status claimed.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney