Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

This is ***** ***** - my question is that I received a 2015…

Customer Question
Hi this is *****...

Hi this is ***** ***** - my question is that I received a 2015 W2 from an employer I left in 2014. I understand why I'm getting the W2 but I can't seem to work back to the numbers they have in box 1. In box 12 V I see where I have income from stock options, but that's only half of what is reporting in box 1. I can't reconcile where all of this money is coming from.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm showing $150k in box 1 and in box 12 V 75000. If I didn't work for the employer in 2015 and the income generated from the options is only $75k then where did the employer get the other $75k for the income in box 1

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That is a good question - and generally should be directed to your former employer.

It looks as a mistake.

Another issue in connection with the stock option - whether you received 1099B from from a broker?

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor