Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My husband and I are a team, do we double the perdiam amount…

Customer Question
My husband and I are...
My husband and I are a team, do we double the perdiam amount on our taxes?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi, generally yes ... a specific amount of money an organization gives an individual, often an employee, per day to cover living expenses when traveling for work.

...

So if both of you are out there doing that work, then yes.

...

What it will come down to is whether each individual meets the qualifications of a paticular per diem

...

Let me know if you have questions

...

Lane

...

...

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

Our taxman feels if we double the perdiam, it may trigger an audit, how do you feel about that?

I don't know enough to make that determination .. If you both work full-time in the business and the items are being spent by each of you, I would tend to disagree

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS