Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If I know that he gave her a check each month same as what…

Customer Question
if I know that he...
if I know that he gave her a check each month for the same as what is stated in the divorce papers / would that not be proof enough that its alimony.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Q: if I know that he gave her a check each month for the same as what is stated in the divorce papers / would that not be proof enough that its alimony.

A: Quite possibly. However, the IRS makes that determination

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant