Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

My husband did not put he paid alimaony on s taxes when he

Customer Question

My husband did not put he paid alimaony on his taxes when he was single / so the ex wife did not put down she received it/ can I turn her in for fraud for not putting on her taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Q: My husband did not put he paid alimaony on his taxes when he was single / so the ex wife did not put down she received it/ can I turn her in for fraud for not putting on her taxes? Refer to the following link.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

A: You can report her for not reporting the alimony. However, your husband did not report that he paid it to her, so how can you prove that she even received payments?

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because he gave her a check every month from our income and the checks were written to her every month for the same amount as stated in the divorce papers.

Ok. I was just checking, as the IRS will likely ask for proof. You do know that your husband could have been deducting the payments on his taxes had he reported the amounts.

If all is clear, a positive rating of 3 or more stars is appreciated. This is how I will receive credit for assisting you today.