How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29575
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was insoulvant in 2011 and my account took an nol forward

Customer Question

I was insoulvant in 2011 and my account took an nol forward for 150,000 and it should have never been done , the state just billed me 26,000 for the carry forward is the account responsible for it or me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Generally - that is your choice to hire someone OR to prepare your tax return by yourself.

From taxing authorities prospective - you are responsible - and they will collect from you regardless if you use an accountant or prepare by yourself.
Your relations with the accountant is a civil matter and based on your agreement.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If the service was not provided correctly - You definately may expect that the accountant will compensate you for damages.

However - that would be between you and accountant - so you first step is to demand the compensation for damages - and try to negotiate.

If that doesn't work out - your only option to sue the accountant.

Sorry for your situation.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.