Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was insoulvant in 2011 and my account took an nol forward…

Customer Question
I was insoulvant in 2011...
I was insoulvant in 2011 and my account took an nol forward for 150,000 and it should have never been done , the state just billed me 26,000 for the carry forward is the account responsible for it or me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/22/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Generally - that is your choice to hire someone OR to prepare your tax return by yourself.

From taxing authorities prospective - you are responsible - and they will collect from you regardless if you use an accountant or prepare by yourself.
Your relations with the accountant is a civil matter and based on your agreement.

If the service was not provided correctly - You definately may expect that the accountant will compensate you for damages.

However - that would be between you and accountant - so you first step is to demand the compensation for damages - and try to negotiate.

If that doesn't work out - your only option to sue the accountant.

Sorry for your situation.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.