How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last year I liquidated some assets from my brokerage

Customer Question

last year I liquidated some assets from my brokerage account. I'm over 70 so I don't have to pay penality but i am required to pay appropriate taxes as the funds are treated as income. I separately paid federal and state taxes by sending checks to US Treasury and New York State for the taxes, using the appropriate federal and state vouchers Both checks cashed.
My question is on what form do I record paying these taxes as I never received any tax documents from federal or state showing that these taxes were paid. Thank you very much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


The payments you made were estimated payments. You would show that on page 2 of your 1040 form line 65 and on the it- 201 line 75.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need clarification

Related Tax Questions