Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Last year I liquidated some assets from my brokerage

Customer Question
account. I'm over 70...
last year I liquidated some assets from my brokerage account. I'm over 70 so I don't have to pay penality but i am required to pay appropriate taxes as the funds are treated as income. I separately paid federal and state taxes by sending checks to US Treasury and New York State for the taxes, using the appropriate federal and state vouchers Both checks cashed.
My question is on what form do I record paying these taxes as I never received any tax documents from federal or state showing that these taxes were paid. Thank you very much
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/21/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

The payments you made were estimated payments. You would show that on page 2 of your 1040 form line 65 and on the it- 201 line 75.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please let me know if you need clarification

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4