How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29793
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got my taxes done...I am a widow and get my husband's

Customer Question

Hello! I just got my taxes done...I am a widow and get my husband's union pension, as well as his Social Security....have paid in way, way too much and am getting a refund of $6,500....I do NOT want that much back and need to change my it a W-4 form I have to fill out to do this, and where do I send it to? Somebody told me some place in California....please help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to get more money in my monthly checks, NOT a huge refund one time a year. I know I need to fill out a form, but what form and where do I send this form? I do not have an office around here.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If that is regarding withholding from pension - we need to use form W4P

For California withholding purposes - use this form
Both these forms must be sent to the administrator of the union pension.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you also has withholding from social security benefits - you would need to use a following form

and send it to the Social Security Administration.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.