Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just got my taxes done...I am a widow and get my husband's…

Customer Question
Hello! I just...

Hello! I just got my taxes done...I am a widow and get my husband's union pension, as well as his Social Security....have paid in way, way too much and am getting a refund of $6,500....I do NOT want that much back and need to change my deductions.....is it a W-4 form I have to fill out to do this, and where do I send it to? Somebody told me some place in California....please help.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I want to get more money in my monthly checks, NOT a huge refund one time a year. I know I need to fill out a form, but what form and where do I send this form? I do not have an office around here.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/20/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If that is regarding withholding from pension - we need to use form W4P

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4p.pdf

For California withholding purposes - use this form

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de4p.pdf
Both these forms must be sent to the administrator of the union pension.

If you also has withholding from social security benefits - you would need to use a following form

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

and send it to the Social Security Administration.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor