Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am trying to file my 2015 taxes on the free version of

Customer Question
turbo tax and it keeps...
I am trying to file my 2015 taxes on the free version of turbo tax and it keeps rejecting them saying I need to enter my last years Epin # ***** I dont know what that was.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/19/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Last year's 5-digit IRS Electronic Filing PIN was only intended to be used for e-filing your 2014 return NOT your 2015 return.

To e-file this year's return, you'll need to get a new PIN. Visit the IRS's Get My Electronic Filing PIN tool, or call their toll-free number 1-***-***-****.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request

You will need the following information:

• Copy of last year’s tax return
  • Social Security number or Individual Tax Identification number
  • First and last name, date of birth and filing status
  • Complete mailing address as it appeared on your 2014 tax return

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent