How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3477
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't file my taxes in a few years and I want to catch

Customer Question

I haven't file my taxes in a few years and I want to catch up now that I'm in a better financial situation, but I do not know when the last time I files was
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Heres the problem, I don't know when the last year I filed was and I am unable to locate the w-2s from that occuptation
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: nope that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

You or an authorized representative will need to contact the IRS and ask when the last time was that you filed. The number to call is 1-***-***-****. Be prepared to be on hold for a long time. In regards ***** ***** W2s and other information, wage and income transcripts can be requested for the years in question. Typically taxpayers are only required to file for the last 6 years to be in compliance. I can further assist you with this matter. I will send you an additional services to speak with you over the telephone. You are under no obligation to accept the additional offer. However, a positive rating of 3 or more stars is appreciated so that I can receive credit for assisting you. I will send you the offer for the telephone call.

If you do not accept the additional offer, let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.

Related Tax Questions