Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I inherited a 401k and withdrew part of it last year. i

Customer Question
received 2 1099 forms--one showing...
i inherited a 401k and withdrew part of it last year. i received 2 1099 forms--one showing the original inherited amount and the second showing the distribution amount and taxes taken out.....which 1099 r do i use when filing taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/19/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Please verify - one 1099R form might be marked as CORRECTED at the top - if so - use that form.

Another issue - the administrator might created separate account for your inherited tax deferred account - if so - one 1099R form might report direct transfer to that account. Please verify what are reporting codes in box 7 on both forms?
If that is possible to scan and post forms here - I will verify for you.
Please be sure to remove all personal information when uploading.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor