Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I recently changed jobs and my current employer doesn't have
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, IRS Enrolled Agent, CFP(R),
I recently changed jobs and my current employer doesn't have a 401K and I am looking for options to fund my retirement accounts for the 2019 tax year. As I was researching for options, the Solo 401K s… read more
We have a small business ( sole proprietor), my tax advisor
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
We have a small business ( sole proprietor), my tax advisor at HR&BLOCKs doesn't know, where to report Keogh contributions made for myself and for my employee wife. My question is, where to report it … read more
I am a sole proprietor. I set up. SEP IRA a couple days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Bachelor's Degree
second opinion] I am a sole proprietor. I set up. SEP IRA a couple days ago at Scwhab. Based on my earning limit, I can only put $12k into it according to TurboTax,My question is, can my wife also put… read more
I need to optimize my taxes and expenses for both 2017 and
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, President
I need to optimize my taxes and expenses for both 2017 and 2018. My wife has a sole proprietorship legal practice in California that started halfway through 2017, but was a w2 employee as well in 2017… read more
If my employer doesn't offer 401k, what are some other tax
Lev
Lev, Retired
If my employer doesn't offer 401k, what are some other tax deferral strategies I can utilize to lower my taxable income? I make about $80k per year and I'm single.… read more
I am self-employed and have set-up a 401-K. I currently have
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I am self-employed and have set-up a 401-K. I currently have small loan against it. I am allowed to borrow up to 50% of the 401-K asset value. I have $15,000 that I was going to use to pay down a seco… read more
I have a full time job. Gross 125k/yr. 54 years old. They have
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have a full time job. Gross 125k/yr. 54 years old. They have simple IRA at job. In 2016 I will contribute 15,340. They will add employer match of 3,744. I also have a sole proprietorship. I will gro… read more
I have a day job that I contribute to a 401K. I contribute
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have a day job that I contribute to a 401K. I contribute the maximum the my 401k. I started a business this year and had a nice profit left over.My question is can I put all or a portion of this mon… read more
I was self employed Jan - Feb in 2015. In March - August
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
I was self employed Jan - Feb in 2015. In March - August 2015 I had a W2 job. I don't recall whether my employer offered a 401K or not but if they did I didn't take advantage of it. In August and Sept… read more
I have a client who are husband and wife. the husband has an
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have a client who are husband and wife. the husband has an incorporated realty trust and the wife has a business that is a sole proprietorship. my understanding is that they can contribute $24k each… read more
SEP IRAs. My name is ***** ***** I am currently employ
Lev
Lev, Retired
SEP IRAs. My name is ***** ***** I am currently employ for a company where I maxed out my 401k. Beside my full time work, I also do consulting on the side. My questions to you is: Can I still still co… read more
California CPAs or accountants only please. Im currently
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
California CPAs or accountants only please. I'm currently holding down a day job and also performing contractor services on the side. Let's say that my day job provides me with $12k per month of incom… read more
Question regarding Additional Retirement Savings from free
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Question regarding Additional Retirement Savings from free lancer side income. I am looking for options to put away more money in tax advantaged retirement account such as SEP IRA or similar. in 2013 … read more
I have W2 income from a job and also am a partner in a two
PDtax
PDtax, Owner
I have W2 income from a job and also am a partner in a two member LLC where all income flows through evenly to the two partners. I am covered by a 401k at my job and would like to set up some sort of … read more
want to maximize the amount into 401 K. if I am sole proprietor
Lev
Lev, Retired
want to maximize the amount into 401 K. if I am sole proprietor .. and net about 30,000 per year ... and I want to maximize the amount i put into my retirement ... is there a version of the 401 k ... … read more
In April of 2009, I was let go by my company, I had already
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
In April of 2009, I was let go by my company, I had already made the max contribution (16,500) to my 401k. After being let go I started my own company (self employeed) and net income was over $1mm, th… read more
My wife and I made $234,000 in Schedule C income this year
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
My wife and I made $234,000 in Schedule C income this year (no 1099s). She also made 46,000 in W-2 wages. We were not incorporated and not even registered sole proprietors. We want to set up a self-di… read more
401K question My husband was 100% share-holder of C-Corp.
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
401K question: My husband was 100% share-holder of C-Corp. As of this year, he terminated the C-Corp. and operating business under the same business name but as sole proprietorship. The C-Corp. have 4… read more