How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My and I signed up dec 1 2015. They went back 3 years of

Customer Question

My and I signed up for Medicare dec 1 2015. They went back 3 years of income tax ,and now the charge up to $331.00 for wife and $140.00 for me. I thought only 2 years is allowed. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

There might be several reasons - I just will mention some possibilities.

- an increase in income can result in higher Medicare Part B premiums 2 years after that year

- premiums for Medicare Part D (drugs plan) are also based on income and may rise.

- There are five Medicare premium brackets - see here

If you had a major life-changing event and your income has gone down, you may use this form to request a reduction in your income-related monthly adjustment amount.

Prepare this application and mail it to the SSA.P

lease let me know if that answered your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will be back to you,can I call you and better explain?
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Yes - we may do phone call - that is only allowed by that site rules via Additional Service.
I will send you an offer - please review and accept.
If that doesn't work for you - we may continue conversation via this chat.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure if you overlooked my offer.

Please verify.

Otherwise - you may continue conversation on this page.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.