Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My and I signed up dec 1 2015. They went back 3 years of…

Customer Question
My and I signed up...
My and I signed up for Medicare dec 1 2015. They went back 3 years of income tax ,and now the charge up to $331.00 for wife and $140.00 for me. I thought only 2 years is allowed. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/18/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There might be several reasons - I just will mention some possibilities.

- an increase in income can result in higher Medicare Part B premiums 2 years after that year

- premiums for Medicare Part D (drugs plan) are also based on income and may rise.

- There are five Medicare premium brackets - see here

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10536.pdf

If you had a major life-changing event and your income has gone down, you may use this form to request a reduction in your income-related monthly adjustment amount.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-44.pdf

Prepare this application and mail it to the SSA.P

lease let me know if that answered your question?

Thank you will be back to you,can I call you and better explain?

Yes - we may do phone call - that is only allowed by that site rules via Additional Service.
I will send you an offer - please review and accept.
If that doesn't work for you - we may continue conversation via this chat.

I am not sure if you overlooked my offer.

Please verify.

Otherwise - you may continue conversation on this page.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.