Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have received a phone call from someone stating they are

Customer Question

I have received a phone call from someone stating they are from the IRS and I believe it to be a scam. I have never failed to file my taxes and have proof of that. The number on the phone was(###) ###-#### ***** do hope you can determine who this is and can put him away for a long time.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You are right to question.

The IRS does not call you and request payment or say you owe. They send notices.

You can assist in catching these scammers. Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their “IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting” web page. You can also call(###) ###-####

The number you listed as been reported many times already.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please respond