How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7197
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have electronically filed my income tax return with

Customer Question

I have electronically filed my income tax return with turbotax, and I failed to included my anual with holding tax from my 2015 return. Can yo help me file an amended return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

What withholding exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about an overpayment from 2014, or withholding from a W2 in 2015?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Withholding for 2015 from 1099's
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

OK, well actually, I wouldn't attempt to file an Amended return yet.

On 1099 errors, the IRS computer should automatically make the adjustment; if you file an Amended return now, you can delay the processing of your return.

The best procedure to follow is to wait & see if they withholding is automatically adjusted, and if it isn't, then that would be the time to file an Amended Return.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in...................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I don't see any follow-up questions?

If you do not have any additional questions, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.