How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do we include amount of 1099R on 2015 return

Customer Question

Do we include amount of 1099R on 2015 return
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you received a 1099R that has the 2015 year on it for a distribution from a retirement account then yes, you include it with your 2015 tax return.

You can tell me more about the distribution if you are not sure how or about it.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 1099R was an annuity from Mother in Law estate.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If the 1099R was made out to you and not your mother-in-law then yes. If it was sent with her name on it then no.

If sent in her name it is taxed to her estate.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Does it have your name or your spouse's name on the 1099R?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Spouse's name only.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Then yes, the annuity was paid to your spouse. It should include all the information needed to determine the taxable amount. The cost of the annuity is not taxable and that should be shown on the 1099R.

I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
Rating lets Just Answer know you received an answer which then credits me for my time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you need to add any more information?

Related Tax Questions