Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do we include amount of 1099R on 2015 return

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If you received a 1099R that has the 2015 year on it for a distribution from a retirement account then yes, you include it with your 2015 tax return.

You can tell me more about the distribution if you are not sure how or about it.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The 1099R was an annuity from Mother in Law estate.

If the 1099R was made out to you and not your mother-in-law then yes. If it was sent with her name on it then no.

If sent in her name it is taxed to her estate.

Does it have your name or your spouse's name on the 1099R?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Spouse's name only.

Then yes, the annuity was paid to your spouse. It should include all the information needed to determine the taxable amount. The cost of the annuity is not taxable and that should be shown on the 1099R.

I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
Rating lets Just Answer know you received an answer which then credits me for my time.

Did you need to add any more information?

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4